Kybella Pre & Post Treatment Home Instructions from Dr. Avaliani
Pre Treatment Care Instructions
- Avoid taking Aspirin, Fish Oil, Vitamin E, and any NSAID’s (Non Steroidal Anti inflammatory agents such as Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Naproxen) for 7 days prior to your treatment
- Avoid alcohol consumption at least 48 hours before your treatment
- Bring a scarf or turtle neck for your treatment in order to camouflage any noticeable swelling after the procedure
- Plan your appointment well in advance and make sure you are not attending a party or a wedding venue for at least 4 weeks
Post Treatment Care Instructions
- Apply ice every hour for at least 15min. You make apply it for 5 min intervals with 10 min breaks, but avoid prolonged icing to avoid developing frostbite
- Avoid massaging or manipulating the swelling area
- You can take either 2 pills of Extra Strength Tylenol or 3-4 pills of over the counter Ibuprofen, if significant discomfort develops.
- Wear a tight head wrap around your neck/chin area. You may go to sleep wearing it
- Sleep with your head slightly elevated, preferably on 2-3 pillows for 2-3 nights.
- You may shower and wash your face as you regularly do.
- You may apply moisturizers or sunscreen to treatment area the next day.
- You may apply Arnica gel if you develop any bruising to expedite the healing process
- Avoid any gym activity for 3 days as exercise is known to worsen swelling
- It is absolutely normal to feel and see mild to moderate swelling, numbness, hardness to touch, tingling, redness and tenderness at the site of injections. You may occasionally see bruising or
- small bleeding that should resolve spontaneously.
- Some men might see an area of no hair growth afte
- r Kybella injection, which is temporary and will return to normal in 4-6 weeks.
- Most swelling happens immediately and the following day after treatment and will start improving by day 5
- If you develop difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, skin discoloration or scabbing, you must immediately inform Dr. Avaliani’s office at 212-673-8888 or call 911
- If you have any other concerns not listed, please feel free to call or email Dr. Avaliani and she will speak to you to answer any questions.