Post PicoSureMicroblading Tattoo removal care instructions
Healing time is generally 3-7 days.
Steps on how to cleanskin after Picosure laser tattoo removal
- Clean skin with mild cleanser.
- Pat the area dry. Do not rub or prick the skin
- Apply moisturizer of your choice
- Take an NSAID pain killer as needed ( Advil, Aleve, Motrin, Ibuprofen). Tylenol doesn’t help to control swelling as much as others but is ok as a pain alleviator.
- Ice a lot the first night
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Hairs may turn white in color, this is normal and temporary
- Ink may change in color from blue to gray to salmon pink or black. It is a normal and an expected part of the removal process and cannot be controlled or predicted
- Swelling may appear immediately or a few hours after treatment
- Crusting may happen and will last 3-5 days, just as it originally did when the microblading was applied
- During crusting, keep the area comfortable by moisturizing the skin as often as possible to prevent it from getting too dry and itchy
- Feel free to use any moisturizer of your choice that you feel will give best hydration to your skin without irritation. Great options are: Aquaphor, Cerave, Vaseline, Eucerin, Lubriderm, La Roche-Posay, Aveeno just to name a few. Please choose ointments rather that creams or lotions.
- No sun exposure, tanning beds and sunless tanning cream for 4 weeks prior to and after treatment. Sun exposure decreases the effectiveness of the laser treatment and can increase the chance of posttreatment complications.
- Use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Apply to the treated area every 2 hours when exposed to the sun .
- It is preferrable to cover tattoo area with a bandage in the sun exposed area during the duration of your treatment.
- If pain, redness or pus is evident in the area, you must contact the office immediately
What to use to care for the eyebrows after PicoSure laser for Microblading removal
To cover the white or discoloration of the hairs, please feel free to use any of the below of your choice:
Brow Gel, Brow powder, Brow pencils are ALL ok to use as long as the cover the hairs to your liking.
You may apply them immediately after your treatment
The pigment of your hairs will return in about 1 week, may be longer but it is still temporary and self resolving.