Written by Anna Avaliani MD
The goal is to relieve some anxiety and to help explain how to get the lips you want. I perform at least 10 lip augmentation procedures daily and I have thought of the most commonly asked questions that I tend to answer. Please read them below
How to get ready for your initial consultation:
Important: Bring in or have a photograph
I require that all my new patients bring in the picture of the lips they like, admire or would like to achieve. This helps me to better understand the desired volume as well as which product would be the most appropriate
Few key points about the process:
- It often takes more than one session to achieve the desired lip volume. Multiple syringes may be needed over certain time to achieve that “perfect” pout
- It’s not about changing the shape of the lips. The focus is on enhancing your natural lip anatomy and shape while respecting the lip proportions
- There are currently about 10 different fillers on the market from Juvederm and Restylane Family combined. Knowing which one is best for you is almost impossible. I always experiment and make new suggestions.
- I offer Bespoke lip augmentation experience and take lip injections very seriously
- I perform my injections with cannulas or with needles
The filler used best for lip volume should not be used for lip definition as it will give you the duck look. I often mix 2 types of fillers as I know one is best for definition and contouring and the other is great for volume enhancement. (Ex: Juvederm Volbella is amazing for contouring and Juvederm Ultra Plus is amazing for volume)
Commonly used dermal fillers for Lip Augmentation:
Common areas of focus for lip augmentation:
It’s about defining and contouring
Lip borders (lip roll)
Philtrum columns (2 lines from nose to the top lip)
Lifting the corners of the mouth
Enhancing natural pillows of the lips
When is the best day/time to have your lips injected?
It’s always good to plan. I prefer to perform lip augmentations on Fridays, as it allows for next day swelling to happen on a weekend and by Monday everyone is ok to return to work. If any bruising happens, it’s easily coverable with darker color lipstick.
Is there downtime and how long is it?
Downtime is really 1-2 days for swelling and if bruising happens, it takes up to 4 days for it to be resolved
Will lip filler ruin my lips?
Absolutely not. It will not damage, ruin, or stretch your lips
How long does the filler usually last?
On average, the filler lasts 4-6 months and it gradually is being broken down
Is it reversible?
Can I use different fillers in the lips over some time?
Yes, it is absolutely fine as long as the filler to be used is appropriate for the desired look or effect you are trying to achieve.
Call today to experience your bespoke lip augmentation with Dr.Avaliani.