Forget about botox for the face. Your shoulders need to feel relaxed and less stressed too!
Get TrapTox to look slimmer and more relaxed and reduce the neck pain.
“Trapezius Botox” typically refers to the use of neuromodulator injections like Botox/Dysport to treat the trapezius muscle, which is a large muscle located in the upper back and neck area.
When neuromodulator is injected into the trapezius muscle, it can temporarily block nerve signals that cause muscle contractions. This can help relax the muscle and reduce muscle tension, which may be beneficial for individuals experiencing conditions such as chronic neck pain, tension headaches, or myofascial pain syndrome.
Trap botox has also been used for cosmetic concerns to help achieve a longer looking neck, slimmer shoulders.
It’s important to note that the use of Botox for trapezius muscle conditions is considered an off-label use, meaning it is not FDA-approved specifically for this purpose. It’s crucial to consult with a qualified healthcare professional who has experience with dB treatments to determine if this approach is suitable for your specific condition and to discuss the potential risks and benefits involved.
What are the most common causes of neck pain?
Stress and Tension
There are many others like arthritis, accidents, trauma, herniated disks, etc, but we will focus on the common reasons from people sitting in front of their computers and smart devices
Who is a great candidate for TrapTox aka trapezium muscle botox injection?
If you have Neck pain/shoulder pain and have tenderness on touching the shoulder, too busy for multiple visit for a physical therapy session, looking for the fastest relief of discomfort, looking for a cosmetic improvement in your shoulder area because they look too bulky. If you are getting married and will be wearing a strapless dress, this treatment will elevate your look.
How many units of Botox does one typically need for trapezius muscle injection for Traptox?
The actual dosage varies based on the degree of muscle tension and the muscle mass. The dose can vary from 60 units-200 units and it can only be accurately established during in person consultation.
How long does the TrapTox last?
On average it provides great relief between 4-6 months
Does TrapTox injection hurt?
Absolutely not. It’s a qiuck1-2 minute injection procedure using tiny needles.
What if I am afraid of needles?
For the sensitive patient afraid of needles we offer options of topical numbing, numbing spray and Nitrous oxide aka (Pro-Nox)
The Pro’s of considering TrapTox treatment for your neck/shoulder pain:
- It leads to Muscle Relaxation which leads to a reduction in muscle tension, stiffness, and pain, providing great relief from muscle pain.
- It’s a Targeted Treatment: Botox injections can be precisely administered to the affected area, allowing for targeted relief of pain in the trapezius muscle. This focused approach can help avoid systemic side effects often associated with oral medications such as NSAID’s or muscle relaxers or even narcotics.
- It’s Non-Invasive: There are no incisions or anesthesia required, making it a less invasive option with zero downtime.
- 4.It offers Long-Lasting Effects: Botox injections for trapezius muscle pain can provide relief that lasts for several months. The effects of Botox typically peak within 2-4 weeks after the injections and can last for around 3-6 months, depending on individual factors.
- Improved Quality of Life: Chronic trapezius muscle pain can significantly impact a person’s daily activities, work productivity, and overall quality of life. Tox injections may help alleviate pain and discomfort, allowing individuals to resume normal activities and improve their quality of life.
- Complementary to Other Therapies: Botox injections can be used in conjunction with other therapies such as physical therapy, stretching exercises, cuppingor massage to enhance the overall effectiveness and to improve muscle function.
- Minimized or eliminate Dependency on Medication: For individuals relying on pain medications to manage trapezius muscle pain, Botox injections may provide an alternative that reduces the need for oral medications or nerve blocks and their associated side effects.
- It’s super quick: It the hands of an expert like Dr.Avaliani, it takes less than 2 minutes to inject both shoulders.
The Cons of receivingTrapTox injections for neck/shoulder pain:
- Temporary Relief: The effects of Botox injections are not permanent. While they can provide relief from trapezius muscle pain for several months, the effects are temporary and may require repeat injections to maintain pain relief.
- Potential Side Effects: Botox injections can lead to side effects, although they are generally mild and temporary. Common side effects may include bruising, redness, swelling, or mild discomfort at the injection site.
- Allergic Reactions: While rare, some individuals may experience allergic reactions to Botox. It’s essential to inform your healthcare provider of any known allergies or sensitivities before undergoing treatment.
- Cost: In some cases, insurance do not cover the cost of Botox injections for trapezius muscle pain, considering it an off-label use.
- Discomfort During Injections: The process of receiving Botox injections can cause mild discomfort or a brief stinging sensation at the injection site.
- Potential for Incomplete Pain Relief: While Botox can help relax the trapezius muscle and reduce pain, it may not completely eliminate all pain or address underlying issues contributing to the pain.
- Alternative Treatment Options: Botox is just one of several treatment options available for trapezius muscle pain. Some individuals may prefer or respond better to alternative therapies such as physical therapy, massage, heat therapy, or oral pain medications.
- Risk of Incorrect Injection: Proper administration of Botox injections is critical to achieving the desired results and avoiding potential complications. It’s essential to receive Botox treatments from a qualified and experienced healthcare professional to minimize the risk of incorrect injection or adverse effects.
- Potential for Muscle Weakness: While Botox can relax the trapezius muscle, there is a possibility of some muscle weakness in the treated area. This can affect muscle function temporarily and may require careful monitoring during the recovery period.
Why choose Dr.Avaliani for your TrapTox Treatment?
- Always delivers natural results
- National trainer and an expert injector for Botox and Fillers with needles and cannula
- Pain free injections using Nitrous oxide Pro-Noxgas for extreme comfort
- Bruise free injections using Accuveintool
- Custom formulated topical cream to reduce bruising and swelling
- Anxiety free treatments using Pro-Noxlaughing gas for all lasers &injectables
- Always individualized assessment and custom tailored treatment for each patient by Dr.Avaliani
- State of the Art Laser Clinic on Park Avenue
- Over 430 Trusted 5 Star Google and Yelp reviews
To see Dr.Avaliani for your expert consultation, please call/text 212-673-8888 or visit www.dravaliani.com